What Do Industry Experts Say About the Safety Management Council?
“Being part of the ATA Safety Management Council is of great value to the safety professional in the transportation industry. The ongoing communications from ATA regarding what is happening brings great value to the carriers within the group. The Spring and Fall meetings within the safety council gives carrier personnel within the trucking industry the opportunity to join professionals at a higher level to get information from great speakers and exchange ideas in the round tables working along side fellow safety professionals. The council also allows opportunity for the personnel that want to take a leadership role in committees and larger roles as officers leading the path within the group. "
Alfred Lacombe, CDS, Vice President of Safety and Risk Management, Dupré Logistics, LLC
“The members of the Safety Management Council and ATA staff are invaluable resources for the transportation safety professional. I value my membership today as much or more than ever. There is nothing proprietary about keeping our industry's drivers safe. The council is made up of professionals from so many different companies representing different segments of the industry which makes the peer-to-peer teaching and information sharing second to none." "
Jason Wing, CDS, CDT
Director of Fleet Safety
Walmart Transportation, LLC
“The ATA Safety Management Council offers its' members insights to current and evolving regulations that are trucking specific. Working committees not only review pending regulatory affairs but provide much needed industry perspective from their specific type of trucking operation. I have found the ATA-SMC to be the best value to transportation safety professionals available to the industry.”
Sam Faucette, CDS
Vice President, Safety & Compliance, Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.
What is the ATA Safety Management Council and What Does It Do?
The Safety Management Council is the only national organization dedicated to advancing safe policies, practices and technology; and effective risk management and accident/injury prevention in the trucking industry. SMC also addresses trucking’s unique human resource challenges, health and wellness issues, as well as recruitment and retention strategies. It exists to serve, promote and create value for members and the industry through research, education, information dissemination, peer interaction, consensus building, and incentive programs which inspire corporate and individual excellence and contribute to safer, more secure and profitable trucking operations and industry.
What Benefits Do Safety Management Council Members Enjoy?
- Professional affiliation with the only national organization dedicated exclusively to industry-wide motor carrier safety and loss prevention
- Answers to your questions on safety and human resources
- Monthly Newsletter - Safety Bulletin
- Quarterly magazine - Driven
- Access to online Membership Directory
- Industry alerts, including legislative and regulatory updates
- Participation on Technical Committees and Working Group (e.g., Regulations Committee, Hazardous Materials Committee, Occupational Safety & Health Committee, Health and Wellness/Recruitment and Retention Committee, etc.)
- Awards and Image Recognition programs
- Accident Review Service to assist you with decisions concerning preventability
- Joint Initiatives with State and National law enforcement agencies and safety government initiatives
- Seminars, Conferences, Exhibits, Webinars, and Conference Calls
- Discounts of products, seminars, courses, conferences, and exhibit space
- Subscription to Transport Topics valued at $129.00
- Complimentary copy of Guidelines for Recording Vehicle Accidents & Determining Preventability valued at $31.00 and discounts on additional copies ordered